Coming up on one year soon. It’s amazing how much difference one year of working hard can make :)
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
The super insecure part of me is going to regret posting this in a few seconds. But I figured it’s time to grow some balls and show my progress. The time lapse seems like a long time, but I really only lost weight up until August (20lbs). Then my semester started and I fell off the wagon, gained back about 5lbs and mostly maintained. Now resuming my weight loss journey (Dec2011).
Looking in the mirror I don’t see much progress. But after comparing old and recent pictures, it’s really amazing how much my body has changed even though the weight difference isn’t too drastic. (Hellzyeah muscle mass!) I honestly am proud of what I’ve accomplished so far. More importantly, I’m more proud of the healthy lifestyle changes I’ve made in my life. During this journey, the most important thing I’ve learned is to stay positive, not only when it comes to weight loss, but with everything! That’s something I’ll carry with me my entire life.
So yeah, this is me 15lbs from where I started. I like how my upper body is coming along, even though I’m slowly losing my boobs :( I wish my arms were naturally slender, unfortunately I’m not built that way. Andddd I have a ton of work to do on my legs still. Looking forward to see what I look like a few months from now. :)
Don’t give up and stay healthy everyone!
I always re-blog this. It just blows my mind.
The Danish Ballet
Slimtastic Smoothies: 20 nutritious and delicious smoothie recipes
- Banana: Blend 2 bananas with 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry Shortcake: blend cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1-1/2 cups skim milk, 1-1/2 cups ice, and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Raspberry Orange:Blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup of ice and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Honeydew-Almond: Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, and honey to taste.
- Strawberry-Kiwi: Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups ice.
- Cherry-Vanilla: Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, 1 1/4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Grape: Blend 2 cups seedless red grapes with 1 cup concord grape juice and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Blueberry-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each honey and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 cup ice.
- Creamsicle: Blend 3/4 cup frozen orange or orange-tangerine concentrate with 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup each vanilla ice cream and ice.
- Spiced Pumpkin: Blend 1/2 cup each pumpkin puree and silken tofu, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Black Raspberry–Vanilla: Blend 1 pint blackberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Banana PB&J: Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup each creamy peanut butter and wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry or raspberry jelly.
- Vietnamese Coffee: Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups ice. Top with chocolate shavings and/or chocolate syrup.
- Pineapple-Mango: Blend 1 cup each chopped pineapple and mango, 1 cup coconut water, a dash of ground allspice and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup ice.
- Peanut Butter–Apple: Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice, and honey to taste.
- Veggie: Blend 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 1/2 celery stalk, 1/4 cup each parsley and spinach, and 1/2 cup ice.
- Lemon–Poppy Seed: Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup each milk and ice.
- Strawberry-Maple: Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup each maple syrup and wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Apple-Spinach: Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped peeled apple, 1/2 cup silken tofu, 1/4 cup each soy milk and orange juice, 1 tablespoon each wheat germ, honey and lemon juice, and 1 cup ice.